Chapter 24

Monday 17th February 1997 where it all started. 

Here's to chapter 24! 

I am so excited about this new chapter in my life. I am optimistic and positive that it will be good to me. I have so much goals that I want to achieve in this new stage and I know that with God on my side I will get them all done. 

I've been asked the question; 'How does it feel being 24?!' And I can truly say, it honestly feels amazing. It's a different feeling from all the other years. I am stepping into my true self. Walking into my purpose. Understanding and learning so much more about myself. I am able to express myself so much better. I feel closer to God than ever before. I have the most supportive family and friends who have seen me develop into the woman I am today. They have seen my growth just as much as I have seen it within myself. They see how I have struggled with certain things but still manage to keep going and even though there are certain things I wish I could change, start over or never happened in the first place; all of it has made me the person I am right now. All I can do is learn from my past experiences and try my best to not do them again. (Emphasis on the word 'try'). You know the saying: 

'Old enough to know better, young enough to do it again.' - J.M Stewart 

As much as I would love for this new chapter to be problem free, I know it will come with its own struggles. But managing them better is what I hope for. For instance; showing emotion but don't let that emotion get the best of me. Knowing when to hold on and when its time to let go. Surrendering situations to God that are out of my control. Slower to anger, quick to communicate better. (Just don't push me over the edge lol). Reading words of affirmations, motivational quotes, bible verses of the day almost every morning. 

Writing blogs is new to me but I am so happy that this is now apart of chapter 24. Its so therapeutic and one way that helps me to manage my emotions better. Every emotion I feel I can just type it out whether I publish it or not. My own personal online journal. Even if writing is not your thing. I would recommend trying it out at least once. Write down how you're feeling on that particular day. Write a list of goals and do everything in your power to achieve them. When you look back on that list, you see how far you've come and it feels great to tick it off. Write a list of 50 things you're grateful for. Write to your future self. Write to your past self. 

Exercising also helps, praying and communicating with God helps and even talking to the people closest to you helps. 

Chapter 24 is also taking a lot more opportunities as they come. Putting myself out there. You just never know what it could do for you, where it could take you or how it can change your life for the better. I try to tell myself this all the time. 

So this is it. This is what Chapter 24 will be about. Adding all of these implements, not just sometimes but ALL THE TIME, to make it the most positive and happiest it can possibly be. Making it a habit so I can take it into many other years I have in store for me God willing.



Here's to chapter 24!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change

Rejection is redirection

Don't settle for average