Rejection is redirection

So we are almost 6 months into the year 2021! Crazy how times flies. To whoever is reading this. I hope this year so far has been nothing but a blessing to you. I know it’s been a hard start to the year concerning covid, however, now that everything has slowly eased, I hope you’re making the most out of it. I hope you’re enjoying yourself to the fullest and making every single day count. I hope you’re still working on the goals you set for yourself at the start of the year, and I hope you’re achieving them or will achieve them soon! 

This year for me so far involves, having as much fun as possible whilst figuring out the best pathway for me. Since the beginning of the year I’ve had to make really important decisions for myself. I really did think I finally had it all planned out with deciding to go to Eastbourne, work and continue my studies (please read my first blog: “2021 the year of allowing God to work in my life”) but as we know life has a funny way of doing what it does best; “changes.” 


Everything always flows the way you think it needs to until something unexpectedly happens and changes your view and perception of things. 


By my surprise, I received an email for a grad job that I didn’t apply for. I prayed and said to God that if this job is for me let it be mine but if this job is not for me, please let it pass me by. I also said to God that the job would help me a lot as I wouldn’t have to go back to studying, I wouldn’t have to move out of my home and I would still be close to friends and family and so much more advantages. The job got back to me a day after my interview and fortunately I didn’t get it. 


I say fortunately because God always knows best. He knew that this job wasn’t for me and let it pass me by as I requested. As Bishop TD Jakes quoted: 


Rejection is redirection” 


Of course I was thinking about all the advantages that I had listed and thought it would’ve helped me a lot, but I’m staying optimistic in hope that something better will come along. Rejection is redirection. Rejection may seem harsh at the time but it’s a blessing in disguise. Rejection opens you up to what is meant for you. Rejection makes your vision clearer to see what you actually need rather than what you want. Rejection opens a door to other pathways that will lead you to a better outcome. 


Be grateful for rejection. You would never have a better opportunity without it! 


This experience also made me realise that I gave up on myself a little. It made me realise that I didn’t even try to get my foot in the door and actually look for grad jobs or even at least gain more experience, I just went back into what I was comfortable with and that is studying. So it definitely opened my eyes. 


Who knows what the next step will be. But what I do know is that when you trust in God, everything will flow the way it needs to. So whatever my next move is whether that’s back to studying or finally working in my field, just know it was the best decision ordained by God. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Change

Don't settle for average