Should Christians involve themselves with the belief of evil eye?

So for those who have read my previous blogs, you know I speak on a lot of good, happy and positive things that have happened in my life, due to allowing God to lead and direct me. I promise you that has not changed.  


However, today’s blog will be slightly different, as I feel it is my duty to speak on topics that will hopefully draw people closer to God. So today’s topic will be on evil eye. After all, this blog is about allowing God to work in my life and I feel he wants to use me to not only spread good news about my life and motivate others with it, but to spread honesty and truth also. 


We’ve all heard of it but if you haven’t, evil eye is a superstitious belief in cursing someone, causing harm to another person. Therefore people have evil eye emojis in their bio on social media, they wear it as a bracelet, necklace etc. They believe that this will bring good luck and protects you from any ill-will that could have a negative impact on your life. 


But should Christians involve themselves with this belief? Should we believe that jewellery/Amulets (believed to be endowed with special powers to protect or bring good fortune) or anything likewise such as the blue eyed emoji that was a new addition to emojis back in 2018, will protect us?


By answering yes to these questions is saying Jewellery, Amulets and emojis or anything which is similar, have more power to protect you and keep you from harm than God himself. 


The God that states “The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life.” Psalm 121:7


The God that states The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.”  Psalm 121:7-8


The God that states “The fear of the Lord leads to life, and whoever has it rests satisfied; he will not be visited by harm.” Proverbs 19:23. 


The God that states “Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6


If you truly have faith in God you will know that he is protecting you always. Regardless of the situation or circumstances that you’re in. 


Of course as humans sometimes we fear and we get scared, we worry, we overthink, we get anxious. But never let those emotions turn you away from God. Don’t let fear or worrisome make you forget who God is. God doesn’t want you to depend on anyone or anything else but him. 


I repeat: GOD DOESNT WANT YOU TO DEPEND ON ANYONE OR ANYTHING ELSE BUT HIM. 


Everyday God proves to me why I should pray and communicate with him. I honestly don’t know where I would be without him. He has been so amazing to me and has shown me time and time again that he’s protecting me. He has kept me safe and well. 


For those who know about the fire that happened in my university room back in 2019, was what really increased my faith even more. God’s protection is powerful! The electric fire that started in my room could’ve happened at night, I could’ve been sleeping.  If I was standing anything closer when my extension plug blew up I would’ve been harmed. But instead God protected me from it. Some of my things was damaged and no longer had any use but I was still standing. 


I didn’t need emojis or jewellery to protect me from that or any other situation that could’ve caused me harm. I just needed God to be my shield and keep his hand on me and he has been exactly that and he can be for you to if you allow him. 


God bless x 



 

Comments

  1. An excellent explanation On why we don't need Emojis it a bit like the Catholic Rose beeds Absolutely no protection At all God protection is all we need

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Change

Rejection is redirection

Don't settle for average